About Great Oaks Elementary
Create, stimulate and perpetuate excellence
Stand tall, stand strong, stand
Great Oaks Elementary School was founded in 1993, established as a private non-denominational Christian School situated in East Flatbush, a multi-cultural, multi-socio-economic community chartered by the University of the State of New York Education Department. Great Oaks Elementary School was established to assist parents seeking to educate their children in a Christ-centered and supportive educational environment. Teachers, administrators and parents work together to prepare children to be moral, responsible life-long learners for their community.
- Promote Christian values and ethics
- Promote and practice a research based progressive curriculum. The curriculum is aligned with New York State and New York City Academics Educational Standards. Academic and cultural literacy is emphasized.
- Promote reading and writing across the curriculum.
- Promote good health and physical fitness through sports and games.
- Promote an appreciation for music, poetry, drama, the visual arts and the diverse aspects of American culture.
- Promote a concern for nature and preservation of the natural environment.
- Promote an awareness of the community and be involved in the community.
How We Teach
Our faculty is experienced, qualified and implements into practice a range of teaching, instructional and learning styles. Our teachers offer a rich cultural diversity and experiences from their Caribbean, Latin American and American cultural heritages.
Great Oaks Elementary School is located at 4718 Farragut Road (between East 48th Street and Schenectady Avenue) Brooklyn, NY 11203. It’s close proximity to major bus routes (B46 & B8) makes it easily accessible. Transportation is available at a reasonable cost to those who require it. Bus passes are also provided for students.